Learn More About Running-the-Race
What is the Kidstown International Running-the-Race Children's Education Initiative?
The Running-the-Race Children’s Education Initiative will provide consistent funding for the K–10 education needs of the children. Your monthly support will provide tutoring, school fees, uniforms, books and supplies, as well as internet and computer access where possible. “Education is the key to breaking the cycle of poverty, preparing children to bring hope and restoration to their communities.” (https://kidstown.org/education). The impact of your support is both immediate and life-changing. Your monthly support of $25 per child is a life-long “Game-Changer”!
- A $25 per month education sponsorship provides a child with much needed education support including tutoring, school fees and uniforms, books and supplies, internet, and computer access where possible.
What is the difference between a Child Sponsorship and the new Running-the-Race Children's Education Initiative?
- The Kidstown International Child Sponsorship is the basic support program for each child. A Child Sponsorship is $38 per month per child and provides food, shelter, safety, basic education, and a loving, supportive community within which to live and grow.
- A $38 monthly Child Sponsorship covers so much, but we have grown to see that it can’t cover the necessary cost of an education that is strong enough to allow most children to pass the government-mandated Grade 10 exams. That is why the $25 per month, Running-the-Race Children’s Education Initiative is being established.
- A Running-the-Race Children’s Education Initiative sponsorship is $25 per month. This $25 per month provides a child with needed education support including tutoring, school fees to better schools, uniforms, books and supplies, internet, and computer access – all vital in preparing a child for their crucial Grade 10 government exams.
If I already support a child(ren) through the Child Sponsorship program, can I also become a Running-the-Race Children's Education Initiative sponsor?
- YES! If you are already sponsoring and would like to add education to your current sponsorship, just check that option in the sign-up form.
- By adding the Running the Race Children’s Education Initiative sponsorship to your Child Sponsorship, you can even more fully impact the life of your child!
- Just like your Child Sponsorship, with the Running-the-Race Children’s Education Initiative sponsorship, you may sponsor for as short or as long as you like. You may also sponsor more than one child, or if you want, you can sponsor a partial or complete orphanage! Individuals, couples, families, churches, schools, and businesses are all welcome to become Running-the-Race education sponsors.
How does the education system in India and Nepal work?
- The education system in India and Nepal is based on the traditional British system – high stakes testing.
- The best schools are usually private – with only the privileged being able to attend a trade school, college, or university.
- Typically only the students from the best schools can pass the government-mandated exams – the requirement for a child to be allowed to attend a trade school or college/university.
- Most public schools have very limited resources – inadequate for low-caste children to be academically successful.
What are the challenges faced by the children before being taken in by a Kidstown International home?
- Each Kidstown child comes from the lowest of the social castes. There is little to no hope other than a life destined for prejudice and poverty.
- Before a young child is brought to a Kidstown home, they live in fear and uncertainty.
- Imagine a little child, living every day, unsure about food, personal safety, shelter, or in many cases, basic family love.
- Often there is abuse and exploitation. Trafficking is a constant danger!
- For nearly 25 years, Kidstown International has protected 1000’s of children from this kind of life.
Why is it so important for a child to receive your monthly Running-the-Race Children's Education Initiative support?
- The basic education system that low-caste children receive in India and Nepal is inadequate to qualifying low-caste children for acceptance into a trade school, college, or university.
- Monthly Running-the-Race Children’s Education Initiative support provides important tutorial and other education supports that allow disadvantaged children to be academically successful.
- We have found that most children who come to our homes are bright, capable, and eager to learn – they just haven’t been given a chance. Click here to read stories about Kidstown children.
What does your $25 monthly support provide?
- An education opportunity that gives your child a legitimate chance to pass the government-mandated 10th Grade competency exams – the requirement for a child to be allowed to attend a trade school, college, or university.
- A quality education opportunity that will break the oppressing cycle of poverty.
- Tutoring, school supplies, access to computer and internet where possible, as well as transportation to stronger schools.
Note: 92% of all education sponsorship money donated goes directly to providing a child with a quality education opportunity.