Tucked in safely at home, the children continue to be cared for by their leaders. They are receiving the love and support they need during this time.
Dear Kidstown Friends,
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is the most serious threats to our children and homes that we have ever faced. Kidstown serves and supports 47 children’s homes in Romania, India and Nepal and with children, staff and home leaders there are over 1,000 individuals that we love and care for.
Continue to be praying that this situation will not affect our children, homes, staff and supporters. As things begin to worsen in India, a mass movement of people to their villages is creating a greater problem, and the lockdown having an opposite effect.
Please take a moment and watch this video from the BBC on the new challenges facing that region of the world. For now, our homes are remaining isolated and locked down. No reports of any illness as of today. Pray for that to continue.
Stopping the spread to our homes is a top priority. These common sense precautions are being sharing with our homes.
- Please wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty or have been in contact with public surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth at all times and, especially, with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick or have been around people who are sick, even if the symptoms are mild.
- Cover your cough with your forearm or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
Thank you for your love and support of these children and home leaders.
Chuck Valley, President/Executive Director, Kidstown International, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our sponsors and donors, we are are able to give children hope. If you’re interested, there are many ways you can support Kidstown!